Sunday, November 7, 2010

Completely off Topic

This one is pretty much for me, just to get this off my chest and drop it. I had kind of a shitty day at work today. I woke up in foul mood, the kind of mood where I was liable to just snap at someone for no good reason. When I got to work this morning, I told my co-worker as much, and said that I just needed to stay away from people, customers in particular, and just keep my mouth shut. She said it was fine, but would like to attempt to go home early because she wasn't feeling well. I told her that was no problem, she could leave by 5. (I work retail at the mall, and Sundays are usually pretty busy, so leaving an hour before we close is more than fair.) This is probably where I should mention that we had 2 other girls working today, 1 hates me and is always threatening to call corporate on me, and the other is brand new, today being her second day on the job.

As the day progresses, J complains of feeling worse and worse and just really wants to go home. I tell her as long as she can cover lunches, she can go after that. I asked her what time Little Bitch had planned on leaving. J stated that LB would stay till close to make sure we were okay. Fine, no big deal.

I come back from lunch, and the shit hits the fan. J needs to go now, LB is staying till close, no wait, she's staying till she finishes her project, fuck it, she doesn't even know when she's leaving. The new girl goes to lunch, and when she comes back, J tells me she's leaving, and LB is leaving with her. Fine, whatever. Not cool for the new girl to be thrown into the job like this, but whatever.

About an hour later, my boss calls to find out what I did to piss everyone off. Excuse me, what?! I let 2 people go home 2-3 hours early each, and they're pissed at me? How in the fuck? What the hell? I mean really. Oh, and LB is threatening to call corporate and complain about me. Please do. What is corporate going to say about me letting you go early? Even though you technically just walked out?!

The thing that upsets me the most about all this is that J claims to be my friend, but yet she turns around and talks shit about me to my boss. I have to go in to work and be fake just to keep my job, and to attempt to keep the peace. I know that all I can really do is just go in and do my job, and that is what I intend to do tomorrow. I'll be nice to LB when she comes in for her shift, like I always am. I'm just hoping that these games end soon, or that one of these girls finds something else.

I just had to get that off my chest. Feeling a little better about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment