Thursday, October 20, 2011

Need to get this off my chest

Hello readers. It's been awhile since I've posted anything, and I apologize. It's not that we haven't been having amazing sex (we always do), I just haven't been able to write anything. And I will apologize in advance that this blog entry isn't directly related to sex either, rather it's something that has been weighing on my mind for a few days, and if I don't get it out somehow, it will eat me alive.

Currently, we are in the process of moving. We are staying with friends until we find a place, and this all came about quite suddenly. I'd rather not go into the details of that here, but let's just say, it's not exactly happy circumstances. Anyways, my husband (who's blog can be found here) posted some things on Facebook that he didn't mean. It upset and worried a lot of people, including family.

The day after those posts were made was the day we needed to get everything out of the old apartment. It was a clusterfuck, but we got it done, thankfully. In the middle of packing, loading up the Uhaul, taking things to where we'd be staying, taking care of our pets and 2 year old, all on very little sleep, my brother-in-law decides he's going to text the exact same thing 20+ times to my husband. He also started calling, a lot. To be fair to both sides, Dustin's phone was on silent, and he didn't have it on him, so he didn't know about it until much later in the day.

Cue my phone starting to go off. I got a text message, in the middle of trying to coordinate movers to come help, asking me why Dustin was ignoring him. First off, I don't know how he got my number, but whatever. I was polite and texted back that everything was fine, but didn't elaborate. I was a little busy, after all. He asked if he could help, I told him no, and I thought that was the end of it.

We finally have the Uhaul loaded up, and are driving over to the storage unit to put everything inside. My phone rings, and it's my brother-in-law. I don't answer and let it go to voice mail. Before I can even listen to the voice mail, he texts me, asking me why Dustin is ignoring him, and if I could get Dustin to call ASAP because he's worried. I was honest and told him it may not be till the next day because we were a bit busy. His response: "Seriously? I understand you guys are in crisis mode but after what he said on Facebook he can't take two minutes to call or text??"
My response: "I'm not with him. He's taking care of our daughter, and I'm moving. He's fine, I'll have him call you when he gets a chance." I thought that was the end of it. Boy, was I wrong.

Over the next 2 days, he continues to text Dustin incessantly, while Dustin is at work and can't answer. Because he wasn't getting the response he wanted, or felt he deserved, he resorts to posting on Dustin's Facebook wall. This is where I got pissed off.
I can't say I remember everything he wrote, and Dustin has since taken it down, but it went along the lines of because of what Dustin posted on Facebook, and since what we write in our blogs is pretty deviant stuff (because a husband and wife writing about their sex life is really fucking deviant behavior), we could get our daughter taken away from us. Any good, decent parent in the world would probably have the same reaction I did. Fuck you. You're family, and you're threatening that our daughter could be taken away? Who the fuck are you? I know the laws in the state of Colorado, and I know that no, she could not be taken away because of the Facebook posts. And what we write in our blogs? I personally view it as us sharing our love, and the enjoyment we get from one another with the world. I think it's a beautiful thing that we love each other enough, and are comfortable with and trust each other enough to put ourselves out there like that. There aren't a lot of happy marriages out there now, and I'd like to think that we inspire people, in one way or another. I could be completely off on all of that, but that's how I feel about it. So to say our blog posts are "deviant" is completely absurd to me.

If that is how you actually feel, don't read my fucking blog, or Dustin's for that matter. I understand that he was concerned about his brother, and just wanted to make sure he was okay. I get that, but for fuck's sake, don't go off the deep end, and understand when people are in a crisis situation that you may not be at the top of their list of things to do or people to contact. If you've been told that the person you're worried about is okay, take it at that and give them a day or two to let things settle down before you start calling and texting non-stop.

I have never met my brother-in-law face to face, and after last week, I'd honestly rather not meet him. I have no desire to get to know someone that threatens to take my kids from me, for no good fucking reason. And if you happen to stumble upon this post, dear brother-in-law, go with your gut on how I feel about you. I don't know you, you don't know me, but your gut has never been wrong before, right?

Again, I apologize to my regular readers. I will have something sexy up soon, I promise. Like I said, I just needed to get this off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment